Medved Trader Forums

Questions regarding trade tickets

Jason

1. I've noticed that when I open a trade tick for a symbol the trade ticket quantity size is defaulted to 0 even though in the settings I've entered another value as a minimum size. The problem with that is that the quantity tabs on the trade ticket are linked to that initial starting value so they proceed as 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.. I've noticed that even if I manually set, say, 200 as the quantity and the quantity tabs change some of those tabs will show 250, 350, etc. as a size option even though I've selected to have the quantity round up to the nearest hundred in the settings. This is also true after I select the '250' tab. No rounding takes place.

2. Is there any way at all to resize the trade ticket window? It's quite large. When I shrink the window down, none of the elements inside adapt and the buy and sell buttons for example are simply cut off.

3. Is there any way restrict the quantity tabs to a specific range? Many, many quantity tabs are populated and they are very small. I often have to act very quickly when trading and it would help to avoid making a mistake and accidentally selecting the wrong tab.

4. Is there any way the "1/2" size button could be configured to apply a user defined portion of the whole quantity? It would also be very useful to have more than one button option so that either half or 3/4 could be very quickly selected?

Thanks!

1) Price Tab is only partially linked to the settings. The other part is dynamic. Will have to look at that a bit more.

2) no, Trade ticket is definitely not dynamically resizable.  For smaller trading UI, you can trade on the DOM or charts. 

3) the QTY tab values are tied to the "current" value.  Can you give an example?

4) that button really isn't intended to cover all possibilities.  Just a quick way to do the most common. We have limited space there and definitely don't want to make the trade ticket bigger (remember #2)