Medved Trader Forums

Research options

mlsignups

I'd love to be able to open up another site window when i'm on a stock (fundemental data)...like you open with yahoo right now.    And have it synced so if i switch symbols that window also switches symbols.   If I recall you may have had the ability to do this in the old quotetracker days (set up your own research windows and have them sync) although not sure.

Any plans to bring in ability to configure other sites to open and sync when symbols change?

While I ultimately want to move my research to the cloud I came up w/ a good local solution for now.

I was able to build a research database using filemaker and populated it by downloading fundmental data (sales, eps) from another site.   then filemaker has the ability to add a button/script or to a screen action (like loading data) so i set it up that when i open a screen to review fundamental data on a stock it runs a two line script that uses the medved API to change the displayed symbol in medved.   this way whlie i look at the fundamental data the stock screens are also up w/o additional work.