Medved Trader Forums

MT Stuck in an Error Loop

Hi guys,

Former QT user doing some extensive testing/playing with MT since yesterday.  Really like it so far!

However, I am stuck in an Error Loop of some sort in MT, and was forced to kill task.  However, upon re-start of MT, I'm still stuck in this loop.  Help!

Here's the repetitive MT error I'm getting, and it's definitely emanating from the Portfolio window:

image.png.cede269c5e7f4ead0ca079648a0f3022.png

Now for some context:

I have limited space on my C drive currently (about 12 GB left, after MT was installed), so I initially installed MT on my D drive yesterday.  I realize (from reading another post) that MT stores a lot of stuff in c:\users subfolders, but in Settings, I switched 2 areas of configuration, the backup directory and the User Save Path to both be d:\medved on my D drive, to minimize (in my eyes) the amount of space consumed on my C drive.

I created a portfolio yesterday that has about 1,000 symbols in it, and it is this active portfolio that is generating the error message above.

Everything was running great last night - I was running Scans on this portfolio against a TD Ameritrade data source, have configured an IB trading source, etc.

The sequence of actions that seem to have created this error that I can't get out of (when I hit the Close button on the error, it keeps re-appearing) was:

1) Stopped a scan on the portfolio I was running;

2) Shrunk the size of my portfolio window;

3) Right-clicked on a symbol in my portfolio to create an Intraday Chart for this symbol;

And them this repetitive error came.

Any ideas here?  Thanks in advance.

P.S.   After writing up this post, I clicked to close the most recent error message box, and the repetitive errors stopped, and I have regained access to MT.

P.P.S.  I just Emailed over Error Log, that included Quote Data and News data - it's a big file, but I figured I'd send the works.

Edited by Doug Hayman
Addition of mention of Sending Log File

did not receive the logs and do not need the data.  Instead of email, Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
And add the Post URL in the comment.  Do not check any check-boxes.

Most likely - ran out of space - Only way to move the location where MT stores the data is to move the Windows USERS folders.

Will know more once I get the log

After this error stopped displaying, I went into Settings and noticed that both the Backup Settings and the User Save Path both reverted back to the default locations that were specified after initial install, under the C:\users subdirectory.  I'm going to leave them at these defaults, and see if problem persists.  If it does, I'll report back.  Additionally, I looked at the Error Log and saw a lot of references to error accessing "C:\Medved\......", where my User Path config was set to "D:\Medved".  Maybe therein lies the issue.

Perhaps MT is ignoring the drive prefix???

I sent log file over per your above request.

Thanks!

Edited by Doug Hayman