Medved Trader Forums

Australian Timeframes messed up

Lapa

i have been unable to recreate the issue so far.

some questions for those having an issue.  

Is it only with E*Trade or Commsec as sources or also if you select Yahoo (allowing for delay of course). 

on the right of the portfolio STATUS Bar, when the issue occurs in the first hour, does it say "Market Opens in ...." or "Market Closes in..." and is the time that it indicates correct?

on the right of the portfolio STATUS Bar, when the issue occurs in the first hour, does it say "Market Opens in ...." or "Market Closes in..." and is the time that it indicates correct?

didn't take notice this morning, will take note tomorrow morning, the time seems to be correct but it won't start updating until 1 hr after market opens, seems to be the case for all sources I've tried. 

Edit.. Markets closed tomorrow will check Monday.

OK, that's a good point, mine's Melbourne with daylight savings starting on Sunday at 2:00-3:00AM.

My Commsec source was fine for data retrieval, just that the charts would not update until 11:00AM.

The market open/close times were correct, however.

The current build fixed the charts on my system.

I hope this is useful.

Cheers

I have tried and am unable to reproduce the issue, so for those having issues (Paul, I understand that you now have something as well):

1)      What is the exact timezone that is selected in your Windows Setup?  If you click on the clock on the windows status bar and select the option to change Date and Time Settings…

2)      The refresh on the portfolio is controlled by the timeframe selected on the status bar of the portfolio window. Click on the time where it says “Market Opens in… “ (or Closes In…) and select the default Australian timeframe

3)      You said that if you manually refresh, the quote showed up in raw data.  Was the date/time accurate in the raw data on the row that came in, or was it an hour off?

4)      Tomorrow, could you just start MT and basically let it sit, with the quotes running from before market opens to the time when it actually starts updating on its own (as it is supposed to) and then export the settings + Log and send to support (with the above answers if possible).  

5)      If the quotes do not start refreshing on their own lets say within 10 minutes after market opens, right click on your data source on the dashboard and select "Force Re-Login".  Then export the settings + Log  and send.

Thanks

Sorry to be a pest but I just noticed something interesting on my system from your list above:

1) Windows Setup Timezone is set for "UTC+10:00 Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney " with auto adjust clock for DST checked

2) Current timeframe is Australian Equities however the "Market opens in:" shows "6d 19h 24m 00s" and "Now:" shows "14:36:00"

Anyway, tomorrow is Saturday so no market, it will have to wait until Monday now.

Cheers

[edit]

BTW data retrieval is still working fine (it would have stopped at 14:30 on QT)

y, thats VERY weird. obviously should never have a situation where market opens in 6 days

Question - if you see this, and close and restart MT, does it then show correct values on the status bar?   I tried with the settings you just sent me on a machine with the same timezone selected and still was not able to recreate. 

Sorry to be a pest but I just noticed something interesting on my system from your list above:

1) Windows Setup Timezone is set for "UTC+10:00 Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney " with auto adjust clock for DST checked

2) Current timeframe is Australian Equities however the "Market opens in:" shows "6d 19h 24m 00s" and "Now:" shows "14:36:00"

Anyway, tomorrow is Saturday so no market, it will have to wait until Monday now.

Cheers

[edit]

BTW data retrieval is still working fine (it would have stopped at 14:30 on QT)

Same settings as PaulDee, But market closes is showing correct time. Market Closes in 1 h 3 m 40 s Now 14:56:20

y, thats VERY weird. obviously should never have a situation where market opens in 6 days

Question - if you see this, and close and restart MT, does it then show correct values on the status bar?   I tried with the settings you just sent me on a machine with the same timezone selected and still was not able to recreate. 

you'll only be able to recreate it if you open MT (before 11 am) also you will need to restart MT on or after 11 am to get quotes updating.

• Like 1

Well, I was trying to recreate by changing the start time on the timeframe to simulate the situation. 

I tried changing system time a hr ahead, also tried different time-frames in MT neither worked. This was done before 11 am

Just released 1.0.4836.2233

It has some logging stuff specific to this - to try to figure out what is screwing up the Milestone stuff on the status bar, which is why you get this issue.

So.. Please update, then next time you get the problem with quotes not updating, and you see the incorrect "Market Opens in ... days" stuff, please do the export of settings and LOG FILE, and email it to me

Thanks

Jerry

• Like 1

Yes, very weird...I installed Build 1.0.4836.2233 but will have to wait until Monday for chart results.

However, the "Market Opens in:" now states "9d 0h 16m 15s" at a "Now" time of "09:43:45"...with the same on restart.

Cheers

Might be wise to wait for after 11:00AM AEDT...maybe Lapa (Queensland) will post an update on his status.

Cheers

FYI for anyone reading who's interested, AEDT is Australian Eastern Daylight Time (Sydney and Melbourne) and AEST is Australian Eastern Standard Time (Brisbane, 1 hour behind Sydney and Melbourne now on daylight savings time)