Medved Trader Forums

bars in chart shifted one hour

jbclem

I'm using IBD  for data most of the time.  The charts are set for extended hours NEVER.  But on stock charts, when I set the extended hours to ALWAYS, I can see that the bars are shifted to the left so that trading is shown starting at 5:30am instead of 6:30am (PST) and the trading day ends at 12noon.  The last hour on the chart  shows the sparse after hours bars from 12noon to 1pm.

I can't see how to shift the bars back to the time range where they belong.  What can I do about this?

BTW, my computer clock is reading non daylight savings time, and everyday I'm re-setting it to daylight savings time.  Could this be throwing off the MT clock so that  it's not reading the correct time after I change it.  Does MT check the computer clock only at startup, or at regular intervals?  Or does it use it's own internal clock with time data from an exchange?

John

messing around with the clock could screw things up. You're probably running XP, and probably without service pack 3. when MT reads time zone information, it will be incorrect if the system time zones are incorrect. That is what is causing all the problems. the issue will resolve itself when the date that the system thinks Daylight Savings Time occur on will come by

Both my computers that have MT are WinXP sp3.  Both are having the same problem with the bars shifted over one hour.  But only one of the computers is having a problem with DST.  The one I'm on now has the correct time without my having to change it every day.  Still, this computer has the shifting problem so could it be something else besides a computer time problem?

John