Medved Trader Forums

Watch List & Ticker Tape Functions?

BillB

Question

Hello,

I'd like to see the Watchlist and Ticker Tape functions from the old Tools menu of QT included in MT.  I'd also like to be able to enter simultaneous Buy/Sell orders from multiple portfolios "linked accounts" at TDAmeritrade if possible. Thanks!

Bill Bollinger

10 answers to this question

WatchList - You can add multiple watchlists in MT.  A Watchlist is just another type of portfolio, so on Port Edit screen, click the arrow on the right side of the ADD button and select Watchlist. You then open the window same as any portfolio.

Ticker tape - you actually use it for scrolling or just static?  We plan to add a hybrid of the index panel and ticker tape, but were not planning to do the scrolling.

Simultaneous buy/sell - you mean press one button and MT send orders to multiple accounts? That is not likely in the near future. However, you can open multiple trade tickets for same or different accounts now. Also, we plan to add a multi-order window where you can enter multiple orders (one per line) at the same time, then send them either with one click to send all, or with submit button next to each one.  The plan is to allow account selection for each of those orders, so one can be to TD Ameritrade, another to IB, etc.

Ticker tape - I like to have it scrolling along the bottom of the screen even when QT is not visible.  

Simultaneous buy/sell - A multi-order/multi-accounts window would work great.  The idea for also including multiple brokers in that window is interesting but having it work for multiple accounts with only one broker would be enough for me.

Watchlist - I figured just adding another portfolio was the case just wasn't sure.

i use the tape mostly staticly, showing the ticker price info etc, even when the main displaies are closed/minimized.  I can currently setup a watch list and display it using certain format available to generate similar looking to te ticker tape, but it will be minimized when along with the rest windows.