Medved Trader Forums

Trading in Canada with BMO Investorline

JackieK

Hi Jerry,

I noticed that you have RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) as a data provider.

I trade with BMO Investorline (BMO stands for Bank of Montreal) in Canada.

Would it be possible to add it to the choice list?

If not, what information do you need to make it so?

Thanks for a great fantastic software!

Peter

To configure a site such as BMO, we need login access to get the quotes.  In the past, we either had our own accounts (TD Ameritrade, Fidelity, E*Trade), or one of the users provided us with the access (All the other broker/Subscription sites). We do not have an account for this site, so we would need to get access from one of our users to set it up. That is how RBC and some others were configured

If you would like to help us that way, we can get it up and running within a few days.  We would set MT up and email you a version to test and so that you can change the password.

If you would like to have us setup BMO for you, please email support

Thank you for your reply.

However, with "all weird stuff" happening in the world of computing these days, I would REALLY feel uncomfortable giving away my account and password info.

Maybe there is another way to do it.  Could you work it out through a "dummy" account?

I don't know if BMO will do it, but I can ask if I can create such account for, let's say, paper-trading.

And that is why BMO is not yet configured. Certainly can understand where most people would not do it.  BMO is not likely to cooperate. If they did, it would be drastically easier.   The account has to be one that logs in same as the regular accounts. Otherwise, it kind of defeats the purpose - we need the account so we can login and monitor what is sent, etc. so we can have MT send the same info (except the login info itself - that of course changes for every user :) ).  If it is a live dummy account - regular account, but just not funded or minimal funds, we can certainly use that.