Medved Trader Forums

Copy the "Selected Indicators" from one chart to another

ehjump

Question

Hello Jerry;

Please, can we have a "copy all indicators" feature that copies all the indicators from one chart to another?

I spend a lot of time during the trading session adding and deleting several chart indicators. And, I repeat the same indicators on several timeframes which makes the process quite time consuming.

Thanks in advance.

10 answers to this question

One thought I had is:

- Under the template tab of each chart you can have "save indicators" and "load indicators" buttons. They will then function like the save and load templates buttons do now, but only save & load the indicators of the specified chart. With this users can save the indicators of one chart under a given name and then load them to a different chart of their choosimg.

- Or you can have a separate indicators tab next to the template tab that does the above.

Thanks.

Looking for a way to sync the indicators of some of the charts, not all the charts. The sync open chart feature syncs all the charts.

An option is to have a way to choose which charts to sync like, maybe, an option to sync only the charts with the same "linked pin" color.

the problem is, how to do it. If I just add a sync Indicators button on the chart, you would need to click it and select the setup to load indicators from, on every chart. Doing something like "all Red Pin charts" is not really feasible. There are too many options. For you its all pinned. for someone else its all intraday but not EOD. Someone else will want all NOT pinned... You get the idea. That is where I run into a problem.....

Jerry, thanks for your response. How about trying my other idea quoted below?

I am asking for this favor because I change the parameters of indicators on some charts multiple times during the day. Each time I make a change I repeat it for multiple chart frequencies and then, on some days I have to do same for different futures. Saving or copying the changes that I have to replicate will go a long way to reduce occurrence of repetitive stress syndrome on ones fingers.

Please consider my idea for this feature as described in my quoted post below (from 12/16/15)

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 9:33 AM, ehjump said:

A couple of thoughts I had are:

(1) Under the template tab of each chart you can have "save indicators" and "load indicators" buttons. They will then function like the save and load templates buttons do now, but only save & load the indicators of the specified chart. With this users can save the indicators of one chart under a given name and then load them to a different chart of their choosing.

(2) Or you can have a separate save/load indicators tab that does (1) above.

Thanks.