Medved Trader Forums

CommSec (Australia) - Security Questions, SMS...

Jerry Medved

We updated MT to support Commsec's new security Question/Answer validation. MT should prompt you with 2 security questions if needed during the login.  It should now work even if SMS is selected as the default validation.  However, if you do not have security questions configured, then MT login will NOT work unless you login via website and select the option to remember this device, so that the login process will not ask again.

We may implement direct SMS support as well, but seems that Commsec turned off the security features again (they that last weekend too).  We will look at this further when Commsec re-enables the stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jerry,  having problems logging in with comsec.  I don't get asked security questions when meddled trader is opening.  Also, if I have a comsec screen on using explorer ( even with remember on this device checked) I still can't log in.

I'm running version 1.1.850.102.x86

Set logging level to 200 (bottom right of the dashboard)

Try logging in again.

After it finishes and fails:

go to FILE / Export/Backup menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

Select “To share with others” export file protection option on top right

Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE.

Export, then email me the exported file please, along with COMMSEC_*.* files from the following folder:

C:\Users\<Your Windows Login name here>\AppData\Local\2GK\Medved Trader\temp\streamers