Medved Trader Forums

Auto Organize Mulitple Chart Windows

Marty

Hi,
Is there a way to auto organize multiple chart windows (tile them)?
When opening multiple charts from the watchlist I get a bunch of windows everywhere and have to manually organzie them all.
Also having an option to use the mouse wheel to zoom instead of scroll would be great (I know I can use the Crtl key but would rather not :)

Thank you,
Marty

After opening all the chart Windows, right click on an empty area on the Windows taskbar. There should be an option there to arrange the windows. The specific wording will be different depending on which version of Windows you are using.

As for the mouse wheel zoom, the only way is to hold down the Ctrl key and then use the wheel. That is standard functionality in most Windows applications and we don't want to break with the standard

Hi,
Kinda of Works, need to minimize all my other apps first. Also leaves a quite a gap between windows using Windows 10.
TWS from IB has a function that puts the charts in a window and within that window you can tile all the charts, you can then change the size of the window and all the charts inside auto adjust, maybe you could implement something similar.

In TWS and TC2000 just turning the wheel zooms in and out. Maybe offer an option to let the user decide.

Also is there a way to just select certain stocks in the watchlist, can only select one or all.

Thank you,
Marty

Marty, 

We addressed the container window stuff here:

As for the gap, yes, I know about that one - that is the shadow around the windows. Windows 10 thing. For our own stuff, we had to jump through hoops to get rid of that. Will deal with that in the future when we add our own tiling.

Zooming - we are not going to change that. Just because TWS and TC2000 do it wrong doesn't mean we have to.  Try it here, in the browser. Works exactly the same as in MT.

MT lets you select multiple symbols as long as they are next to each other. You can just click (and hold) and move up/down to highlight. As long as you are clicking anywhere EXCEPT the Symbol column.