Medved Trader Forums

Swiss securities

Vic

Hi Jerry,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to manage Swiss securities from within MT. Let's take a large name for example, such as UBS Group.

UBS as a ticker refers to the NYSE listed security. I'm interested in the original security on its Swiss home market. The original ticker there is UBSG.

When I enter UBSG in MT, it recognizes the name for the news alerts, but I get no financial data with Yahoo Finance as data source. I also get no backfill. I can enter UBSG.VX which is specific to Yahoo Finance, this is recognized. The last price seems correct but both the historical as well as the intraday charts are off. The latter only shows me two hours of trading even though on the homepage of Yahoo Finance I get the full, correct chart. I am not sure about the reason for that but it almost seems as if either MT or the data source try to make the chart fit inside the US trading hours, just cutting what is before.

Does MT have difficulties dealing with foreign equities, or is this a problem with the Data Source? Also, is there a general MT way of entering tickers of foreign stock that MT translates for all data feeds to understand, the way it does with US equities, or will I have to enter a ticker valid only for a specific data feed?

Viktor

instead of UBSG.VX, enter it using MT format, which would be USBG:VX

For most common exchanges, MT automatically sets the Timeframe based on the symbol, but we really couldn't do it globally for all exchanges. Don't know all exchanges that IB and Yahoo support :). So, for this one, you will need to set the timeframe manually.  On the chart, click on the VIEW tab and in the Timeframes section, change the timeframe to "European Equities".  Then click on the timeframe dropdown again and at the top of the menu, click on "Set Symbol Default: .... "

• Like 1