Medved Trader Forums

ALLOWDUP????

Brynk

Brync,

MT does not have ALLOWDUP.  for the most part there really isn't a reason to run multiple instances of MT. You can have many portfolios and charts open at the same time, and you are not restricted to trading one account at a time, so you can do everything from one instance. 

If you have a problem doing something within one instance of MT, please let me know.

Really nice to be back Jerry

I use to QT's to use different applications for my Positions symbols and Watch List/Index symbols. Both are likely to require different attention.

This gives me different defaults and shortcuts for sounds, chart sizes(different monitor resolutions), chart lines, colors, time periods, portfolio views...prolly several more

Thanks Jerry

Hi Jerry,

This is the situation where multiple MT would help. For example, I can two QT's, one for stocks, one for futures, I have multiple charts open for each instance. I can minimize stock instance so all charts and portfolio are cleared off my screen, or minimize futures instances.  It is difficult to minimize a set of charts & watchlist with ONE Click under MT now unless there is  a group function where I can minimize a set of charts and watchlist at once.

No group function yet (may actually have that in not too distant future)

Doing multiple instances is just not feasible. It would require way too many changes to support. If the # of charts/windows is not too big, switching layouts may be feasible (would probably be too slow if many windows)