Medved Trader Forums

MT fine tuning---

kalmen

As a soon to be FORMER QT user for 8 years I am having trouble making minor adjustments to the MT platform and Is there a phone number I can call to for help with these item below and future questions? I believe these would be very easy and quick to answer on a call.

1) can fonts be made BOLD, I can change the size but not to make it BOLD

2) Can I enlarge the color grid as it is so small it is hard to see all the colors and to click on the same color over and over

3) How to highlight a row and make it stay highlighted, I can do it on QT but not on MT.....QT uses High or LOW price for price alerts & MT uses crossover/Under, that seems to be the problem

4) I can not find the backup file as I put it on a flash drive to move between different locations that I am at and to move between various PCs and laptops

5) Highlighted colors on rows  do not show up when reopening the next day as it seems once a crossover/under has occurred the prior day it doesn't remember  that the next day

I assume these are simple to solve (I hope) and I have looked in the HELP section.

I sure liked the QT platform as it was "Best of All"!! IMHO!!

I hope MT is just as good if not better!!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

kalmen

Hi Kalmen, 

Phone support - We do not have phone support, but our email replies and forum replies are usually very fast. 

Bold Fonts - There is no general "Bold" option. However, you can right click on any column header and select the option to "Bold this column"

Enlarge Color Grid - no, don't have that.

Highlight Row - Don't have that but can be done the same way in MT as you did with QT - with an alert.  You may want to just use a Reminder alert instead of a price cross.  That is basically unconditional.  

Backup - MT makes automatic backups and you can also export explicitly. Select FILE / Export option to do it manually. For auto, the backup files are placed (by default) into Documents\Medved Trader\Backup folder.  To restore on another computer, just go to FILE / Import and select the file you wish to restore.

How do I highlight a symbol  and have it remain from day to day? I tried using reminder but unable to make it work as it appears to turn on only at a certain time of the day.  QT just had a LOW/HIGH price and at a certain price level it would stay highlighted all the time ----trying to do this for several securities.

This is how I set NUGT,  and  over $1 it's highlighted all the time.

I was actually thinking about using Volume of 1 as an alert but I guess any of these ways will do during trading hours. Will ANY of these methods highlight the symbol over the weekend when the platform is opened?  I often review the these highlighted positions over the weekend for possible adjustment or modifications to the stock or option position?

I assume that using any alert trigger that NONE will work until trading opens at 9:30....Hmmmmmmm

As you know QT works all the time when the HIGH/LOW was triggered.