Medved Trader Forums

Problem with TD Ameritrade data this morning

Jerry Medved

Jerry, did you get my message yesterday about me having a funded TradeKing account but still can't register it in MT because of problems specific to my computer's hardware preventing me from installing Vista SP2, which is required for IE9? Any way around this on your end? I don't need to be able to track the TK account using MT (for now), just need to keep MT available and running on my computer past the free extension you've already done for me once before.

If I install SP2, I may get a permanent BSOD - very, very risky - do not even want to attempt it if I can avoid it - don't want to upgrade the OS either, some of my personal software won't run in Windows versions higher than Vista.

Hmm, actually, you have 4.5.2 and running Vista SP1,  I thought you cannot install 4.5 on SP1. No idea how you did. 

But since you are running the version, then I am confused about what your problem i.  Why can't you login to TK?  You mentioned something about IE 9. MT adjusts to whatever IE version you have installed. Is the login screen not working with your IE version? Please email me the picture.

5 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

Hmm, actually, you have 4.5.2 and running Vista SP1,  I thought you cannot install 4.5 on SP1. No idea how you did.

I have no idea either, did it in 2014 from what I see in the directory - I recall needing the update to run something on the PC. I have IE8 installed BTW. Anyway, below are two screencaps - first one is what I see when I attempt to verify my TK account, second one is what show up after clicking on the "authorize" button: