Medved Trader Forums

Portfolli question

MOber

Just bought the one year and trying to get everything setup.  Ive created a Binance source and portfolio  but notice the bid/ask coluoms are not updating?( last, change and  chg% are tho)  I added my TDAmeritrade portfolio and they update there so Im guessing there is  Binance limitation maybe

On the trade window  I can get Last  to populate  the limit window  but not bid/ask. 

Was looking in the docs but couldnt find the function of the  MKT/LIMIT/STP   icons in the upper left of a chart

sorry for probably basic questions but Id rather ask than fight it

thanks

MIke

Binance - correct - they only return bid/ask data in their Level II feed not in Level I, which is why you are not seeing the bid/ask data for that. 

Trade window - this for Binance again? If so, same issue.

MKT/LIMIT/STOP - those are order type selection buttons that show up if you have trading enabled on the charts. Go to the TRADING tab on the chart. there is an option there to enable trading as well as select the account and OPTIONS button that has stuff like "Show Order Types" which is what those buttons are.

And definitely do NOT hesitate to ask. We really would rather you ask than waste time and get frustrated with the software :)

KInda figured they were order type buttons( MKT/LIMIT/STOP )   however how are they used. If I click on them I dont see a order window or other action?

Ive used TV for a year or so now and although its good it just  doesnt lend itself  for crypto trading all that well

Next topic to learn is  getting alerts from indicators, Did I see ref to a youtube video you did someplace?

You may want to do a quick look at the Youtube video for chart trading

Basically, you would click on buy/sell buttons and that starts the process where you can drop the order on the chart. By default it would be a LIMIT order, but you can use the buttons to change the type of order that will be used.

We have a bunch of other Youtube videos including for scanning and Paintbars (which is what you need for alerts on indicators)

https://medvedtrader.com/youtube

also can hit F1 in MT to get the help, then search for Scanner or Paintbars.

Those are "advanced" topics - you are jumping in head first :)

Morning

Quick question for you, started the morning off with a couple good trades. Have another platform that is trading Binance as well,  I was happy to see MT pick up those  trades and display them on the chart.  However a couple of the buys were canceled  but the order are still showing  on the chart  and in the Account View(Transactions).  Ive tried the refresh and also canceling them but get a error of

Cancel Order(s) failed for 4766329. Reason: Cancel Order(s) failed for 4766329. Reason: Either too late to cancel or Unknown Order

Cancel Order: 4766329

thanks

MIke

that means the order was already canceled.  on the Account View window, refresh did not update it? I will check on that. Could you send me the log
Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment. 

Basically, if it was canceled outside of MT and MT did not get the update for some reason, it would think the order is still open. Thus the error when sending the cancel.

ah  sorry  I had selected my coinbase account and they were gone on the binance chart.  When I reselcted my Binance account the account was still showing  those canceled orders

Guess I have to get use to that.  So does a displayed chart  show valid  data  if you change the account still, and it just doesnt show the  account activity that it was opened under

the problem is that the order was canceled outside MT and for some reason, the notification of the cancellation did not get sent to MT based on the log.

After you tried to cancel and it failed, MT should have known that it was canceled, but for some reason that did not get updated. still checking on that