Medved Trader Forums

Alert Email message text

Evening

Was wondering if you're planning on making the message text in a email alert customisable based on a individual  chart paintbar. Currently it seems it always takes the text from the  paintbar rule.  But Id like to be able to make that text based on my individual charts.   That way I can use the same paintbar but  change the text based on the coin.

I use 3comma's  to set up  one time run  bots that have preset  profit/ trailing  params and I just need to trigger them. The paintbars would be great  as I can have multiple params decisions.

a sample of the text to send would be

{

"message_type": "bot",

"bot_id": 380400,

"email_token": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",

"delay_seconds": 0,

"action": "start_bot"

}

thanks

MIke

You can do that now. view the Paintbar Parameters, the ones where you specify the alert.  Click on the button to view the alert. On the window that comes up, click on the NOTE tab on top. Select the "REPLACE" option and then put in the following in the text:
{
  "message_type": "bot",
  "bot_id": 380400,
  "email_token": "[SYMBOL]",
  "delay_seconds": 0,
  "action": "start_bot"
}

When the alert is triggered, the text will be: 

{"message_type": "bot",  "bot_id": 380400, test "AAPL" }    

assuming AAPL is the symbol.  On that NOTE tab, you can right click to see the various tag options.  If you wish, you can add instead of replacing and thus have readable text show in MT as well as usable stuff for your bot. For example, if I just selected the ADD instead of replace, it would look something like:
Alert "Main" on Paintbar "TEST"  {  "message_type": "bot",  "bot_id": 380400, "email_token": "AAPL", "delay_seconds": 0,  "action": "start_bot" }     

Assuming your bot code started reading the JSON when it reaches the first { it should still work