Medved Trader Forums

Bug or Expected Behavior on DOM?

Doug Hayman

Hi Jerry,

Trading MES futures, and have my cursor on the DOM for an OTOCA Sell Stop, but have not entered order yet.  While my cursor is on a specific price on the DOM (but not yet executed) the price runs below the price I am cursored at for the Sell Stop.  I execute trade, and am I filled at approximately current market price.  So my question is, should I have been executed as a Sell Stop, or should I have had order submitted as a Limit Order at the price my DOM cursor was at (which is what I was hoping)?  To change that Stop Sell order to a Limit Order I would have had to move my cursor off the Sell side and repositioned at the same price to make it a Limit Order.

Comments?

Sorry, I have AUTO->OTOCA selected.  What I'm saying is that my cursor is position on Sell Side of DOM and Sell Stop is displayed in the bubble (but I haven't executed trade yet).  Market price goes below this Sell Stop price, but I still haven't executed trade.  On the Cursored price, it still says Sell Stop in the bubble as the order. 

My question is once market price dips below this original price, and I'm still cursored on the original price, should MT change the potential trade executed at this price to be a LIMIT STOP instead of a Sell Stop?  When I execute trade at this original price, once market price is lower than this price, it executes as a Stop Market at the current market price.

Does my explanation make sense?

ok, so you are saying the cursor is over  a price and you are NOT moving it - and the price goes below the cursor. In that case, the order type will NOT change it will still be a stop - MT will not change the order type on its own unless the cursor is moved - that way you know exactly what is being sent.  if you move the cursor, even slightly, then it will update.