Medved Trader Forums

I Suggest....

1. add a bar index to the top (like QT)

2. (I use stockchart datafeed), Market Capital column report wrong data.

3. an option to retrieve data (in QT was fetch data for all portfolio) for ALL o SELECTED watchlist/portfolio simultaneously.

4. if possible adding a column with share outstanding (Market cap divided with previous close price) [non important but useful]

5. there is a problem with customization of color set (File -> setting)

6. Problem with stockchart News.

7. ribbon on chart is too big (and is useful if you add am option to show/hide by default)

follow other... :)

fetch quote for all portfolio is most important and with this option I think I'll start a migration from QT (free but with TD Ameritrade limitation) to MT (without TD ameritrade both Historical and intraday chart time limitation).

I was surprised yesterday to see 80/100 days of intraday data and over 6 month on historical chart.... :)

great Medved... :)

I assume you mean Stockwatch, not Stockchart, right?

1) Index panel will be added in the future. Trading and Alerts are higher priorities right now.
2) MarketCap - Give an example please. I looked at the code and it is just computed from Last*outstanding shares
3) Fetch All - We have thought about doing that again, but are holding off for now. You can open the portfolios and just minimize them
4) Will see about Shares outstanding.
5) can you be more specific? NOTE: you cannot edit built in color schemes. You can copy them and then edit the user defined one.
6. What problem with Stockwatch News?

Yes Stockwatch

1 ok

2 I have a watchlist Ith a lot of stock and all MK T Cap are wrong (tomorrow I send a snapshot)

3 ok

4 ok

5 tomorrow I explain

6 when I click on a news stockwatch gave a news non referred to a selected stock (in QT news haven't this problem and work well)

I replay later or in the next days to explain more better my points :) Now I'm at work...

bye :)

ok, I checked and everything is working here.  You would have to give a bit more detail:

• Does news show in the ALL NEWS window?
  • What exact symbols are you expecting to see news on that you are not seeing the news on (as they are entered in the portfolio)?
  • Do news items for those symbols show in ALL NEWS?
  • Was the news item supposed to come in while MT was running and listening for news, or was it a previous news item?

If I use only Stockwatch for both Data and News source, news By symbol don't work (no news) 

All single symbol are without news BUT if I click All News in the dashboard the panel show me some Canadian and other symbol not in my portfolio.

I must Use Yahoo for Data surce to see the News by symbol. and I can't use Stockwatch for Data and Yahoo (or other soruce) for News.

I don't know if this is clear for you the problem.

• What exact symbols are you expecting to see news on that you are not seeing the news on (as they are entered in the portfolio)?

I can't use Stockwatch for Data and Yahoo (or other soruce) for News.

Why not? If you use MT symbol format, which source is used for data and which for news makes no difference at all. 

I reste all my portfolio ad I select only SW by Data feed and News Feed.

look image: http://gyazo.com/ac90d635b2597fece461cd14dfea9010

and I've added MSFT, INTC and ORCL (I wait few minutes but no Bulb and no news on selected stock in news windows.

look: http://gyazo.com/df453fd0ff4a8fe338449153ce368e96 (there is another problem... there are other symbol stored and not listed in portfolio/watchlist )

I think, you must add a "reset button" for ALL (data and news) for all listed symbol in all pertfolio and AFTER repair the problem (oh, yes... if this is a problem of course.).

and if I add new symbol (example IBM) bulb and news are ok, but all other symbol haven't news.

I think there is a conflict(bug) into this section (news) to be resolved.

I've added now BP and Yahoo news are ok but SW news not:

Look: http://gyazo.com/d277e71d163feefff3e3740169e1f29b

I think it's clear.

but you re assuming that there was news on MSFT, INTC and ORCL this morning, and there wasn't. Stockwatch streaming news only retrieves news while MT is running and for the current day.  Assuming you added those symbols today, there were no news on them today. I checked on Stockwatch.  You can look yourself on the site for those symbols

Yahoo works differently - it is not a streaming source - MT Just gets the news page for each symbol once every X minutes and records whatever is there.