Medved Trader Forums

Chat time stamp issue

Kasper

I have two watch lists, one uses Questrade as data source and the other uses IB.

The symbols in Questrade watch list show wrong time for chart candles and raw data. When extended hour is selected to anything other than Never, the candles time is off by several hours. This recent issue since previous one or two Beta updates.

The symbols from IB show chart times and raw data correctly.

Screenshot attached, it was taken around 12:30 PM EST.

Application general time is set to -5:00 UTC(Eastern Time zone US/Canada)

2020-07-15 09_34_15-AMD 54.16 -0.56 -1.02% 54.15_54.16 (100 bars_1 min).png

Which data source did you test with?

The raw data is showing time stamps for trades +4 hours.

I have an older version still running on an old computer, 1.1.8802, this problem is not showing there with same data source.

I'll package the settings and send to you. I did clear backfill and that didn't fix the problem.

I exported the  settings/data, but where does it go? Didn't give any option to save.

I was using Questrade as the source...

Did you clear the chart before doing a backfill?

I need to get the log file to see what the problem is. Please do the following: 

go to FILE / Export/Backup menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

Select “To share with others” export file protection option on top right

Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE and QUOTE DATA boxes.

Export (note the location of the file – it is shown in center of the right side of that screen)

The file will be too large to email. Please send it to us using https://wetransfer.com/

Hello Mike,

I only cleared the chart data, did not back fill manually because it was set to backfill automatically after clear.

Backfilling auto or manual with Questrade datafeed does not backfill  candles data under 5 minute.

This problem does exist for IB datafeed in current version or Questrade in older version as mentioned earlier.

Sending you requested backup through email.

11 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Backfilling auto or manual with Questrade datafeed does not backfill  candles data under 5 minute.

Sorry, this seem to be problem only when extended hour is on. When extended hour is set to Never, backfilling works and time stemp is correct on chart. But raw data time stamp is still 7 hours off.