Medved Trader Forums

Questrade vs IB for API

AnotherBrian

I have accounts with both Questrade and Interactive Brokers. I'm looking for thoughts, or more of a confirmnation, that the IB API works better with Medved and is also better supported than the Questrade API.

Questrade issues - On Medved, I enter a GTC stop order for a US market stock, and the next day when I check the stock, the order does not show up - but it does show up in the Questrade software. The Questrade trailing stop order are also not working correctly in the API (they do work in the Questrade software) - already discussed on this forum. It seems I also need to refresh the account often to get correct values - this scared the hell out of me since mistakes will cost me large $$.

So, any comments? I am seriously considering moving my funds to IB just based on the quality of the API to Medved Trader. How stable and accurate and reliable is the IB API to Medved?

Yes, I learned this by mistake, thanks for confirming. Inside a registered plan (LIRA, RRSP) - there's no tax paid on capital or dividens on US stocks, so not many reasons to stay away from the US market for a registered plan other than any other regs. So I'll trade the US market.

Are there any issues/quirks I should look out for with the IB API?