Medved Trader Forums

additional space near the right axis & hot keys

smtrader

Question

hi Jerry:

not sure if this is already implemented.  In QT, one can shift the chart to the left by x amount so it will leave some empty space on the right near the right hand side axis.  In addition, is there hot key setting for draw tools, such as ctl-somekey or alt-somekey for selecting trend line draw tool, and another hot key for fib retrace, etc.

Thanks.  Been away from working with MT, it looks like you made a lot of additions.  Great job!

smtrader

4 answers to this question

move mouse over the X axis, until you see the X Axis change shade.  When it does, click and hold the Left mouse button, and move to the right.

QT did not have keyboard shortcuts for the different drawing tools. To draw a trandline, you just go ahead and draw on the chart,. for others, you select what you want to draw on the DRAW tab on the ribbon

hi Jerry:

That's great, tried out the empty space feature and like the way it is implemented in MT than the way it is in QT.

Regarding to the hot keys, yes QT does not have that feature, but it would be a nice feature to have on MT.  I found that feature in NinjaTrader to be very convenient when I do video recording of my technical analysis for my followers.  It doesn't have to have hot key for each tool, simply provide a few for the user to select the tool to be associated with those assignable hot keys would be a nice convenient feature.  Not a deal breaker.

Thanks.

We may add custom hot-keys and menus in the future. Meanwhile, what you can do is put the buttons for selecting the shapes in the ribbon QAT so they would be accessible even without the ribbon being there.   In fact, that actually gives you keyboard shortcuts of sort. When you add a button to the QAT, it is assigned a number (in order from left to right). Hitting ALT+That# will select the option.