Medved Trader Forums

Ordering of Bands Change Depending on Top/Bottom Location

Doug Hayman

I have a standard indicator and a Paintbar that I display for both on my chart as either "Band on Top" or "Band on Bottom" - I periodically toggle between the 2 for both, depending on whether the price action is at the top or bottom of my chart screen.  At any given time, I either want them both displayed at top of bottom of chart.

When I switch to "Band of Top" vs. "Band of Bottom", the display ordering of these 2 visual indicators changes depend on whether they are on top or bottom of chart screen, and is not controllable by the ordering imposed in the "Selected Indicator" screen.

Is there any way to make these consistent, so that the display ordering remains the same whether they're at the top or bottom of the chart screen?

If you choose Band on Top, if there are two such indicators, then the ordering is from top to bottom in the order of the indicators in the indicators list.

If you choose Band on Bottom, the ordering is bottom to top. That's natural - the indicators are plotted in the order they are entered. So the first one is plotted at the very bottom, the next one one step up etc..