Medved Trader Forums

Webull - Flatten Order Does Not Work

tuxnix

Hi, 

I have tried to flatten positions multiple times over several months without success on Webull. I placed the below live order to test the flatten feature.

11:13:56 - Placed a live buy order for testing
11:15:57 - Manually placed a sell limit order to test the flatten feature
11:20:12 - 11:20:19 - Attempted to flatten position multiple times without successful 
11:20:25 - I manually canceled the sell limit order
11:20:31 - 11:20.37 - Again, attempt to flatten position multiple times without 
11:20:43 - I manually placed a sell market order to close the position 

image.png.7c82607999e0dda465dda6e373f76113.png

Any thoughts is appreciated.

Edited by tuxnix
wrong time included

Hi Jerry,

The flatten feature did not submit a cancelation for the sell limit order. I manually canceled that order and tried to flatten again, and Medved trader did not submit a market order to close out. I have provided more detail below and screenshots from Medved trader and Webull.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I understand that the flatten feature should cancel any pending orders and submit a market order to close the position. 

From 11:20:12 to 11:20:19, I attempted to flatten the order, which should cancel the sell limit and place a market order to close out. This did not happen. So, I manually canceled the sell limit order at 11:20:25. Webull accepted my manual cancelation. From 11:20:31 - 11:20:37, I tried again to flatten the order without success. So I manually submitted a sell market at 11:20:43 to close out.

Please note the screenshots from Medved Trader is PST and WeBull is EST time zones.

image.thumb.png.47f1077ef2b949d10fee93b43d779f32.png

it will first cancel any open orders, then send the sell order. But if the open orders do not cancel, then it will fail. 

I need to get the log file to see what the problem is. Please do the following:

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment. 

Hi Jerry,
I thought that might be the problem based on the first screenshot in the thread. I realize it's after hours, and the market is closed. I installed the beta and tried, but fear the same result based on the below screenshot. I'll try again tomorrow and report back. 

Thanks for your help!

image.png.1eb8c54c948f04efa925ccf4b310515f.png