Medved Trader Forums

Sync crossbar price on multiple charts

gnc

Question

13 answers to this question

Ok, where is that setting?

To confirm, when moving price crossbar (or crosshair, depending on how we call it) on 1 chart with the mouse, it automatically moves in real time on all other charts for the same symbol? 

Additionally, I guess it can't move at the same time for Intraday and Historical chart or maybe it can?

I am not sure I understand what scenarios you referring to  "Why restrict it to linked symbol only?"?

The tracing is synced X-axis-wise. HOW the Y (Price) for the X shows on the chart depends on how you set it up. Tracing can be "freestyle" or "snap to candles". Yours is "snap to candles" apparently. Change it to "Freestyle" in Charts / Display settings. You would still be able to switch it to be snap to candles in a currently active chart by pressing Ctrl-Shift while moving the mouse, but it would be "Freestyle" in general.

I see :) forgot about that. The reasoning is: on the chart in focus you are in control of where the mouse is so the price of the crosshair is on the chart. On the other chart, who knows what the current scale is, so can't just take the crosshair price from the first chart, it may be completely out of range. Especially if it is a different symbol.

Ok, it is what it is. That screenshot above is from TradingView.

It works only if you have 1teh same symbol across all 4 charts and yes it can go completely out of range, but still shows the same price on charts within price range.

It is great support for the fast moving price chart, without need to check high/lows, drawing trend lines, etc. on other time frames.