Medved Trader Forums

Short Sale Restriction

BlueCollarDayTrading

Is there anyway to know if a stock is on Short Sale Restriction in MT.

I have to put each stock in IB TWS to see if it is SSR. So every time I see a stock I want to short I have to put into IB TWS to check. This can be slow process when a stock is moving quickly. In a MT Watchlist/portfolio I don't see where it says this anywhere. 

On your portfolio you can add a column for shortable. Right click on the column headers, click column chooser, scroll down and look for shortable. Drag it over and drop it where you want the column to be. It works well for TD Ameritrade's data feed. But it doesn't show ETB/HTB. For that I end up making a watchlist in Think or Swim so I can see the ETB/HTB. Not sure if IB's data feed provides shortable info.

17 hours ago, BlueCollarDayTrading said:

Shortable and Short Sale Restriction are different things. I already use the Shortable column.

Thanks for the information though.

Right.  I know they are different things but my point was if the datafeed coming from TD doesn't even provide ETB/HTB into MT then I highly doubt SSR information is provided by any datafeeds. MT is limited by what the data feeds provide.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 6:41 AM, Soundwave401 said:

Right.  I know they are different things but my point was if the datafeed coming from TD doesn't even provide ETB/HTB into MT then I highly doubt SSR information is provided by any datafeeds. MT is limited by what the data feeds provide.

I am not using TD data feed. I am using Interactive Brokers TWS which shows SSR stock in the TWS platform.

• Like 1