Medved Trader Forums

Finding portfolio files

andy40au

Hi, I had my laptop motherboard fail so I removed the Hard Drive and installed it in a caddie to use as an external Drive on a replacement laptop. All Data was saved accurately on the removed drive and none has been corrupted or deleted. After reading your forum I attempted to restore from backup the portfolio data. Are portfolios part of one large backup file? I navigated to D:\\user\myname\Documents\Medved Trader\Backup but although I know I have used backups no file was found. Am I looking in the correct location?

that seems like the right location, though you could have had them explicitly in a different folder. Also, if windows was set to use OneDrive, then the location could be different for the documents. You can just do a search for *.MTExport files and see where they are found. 

Alternately, you can go to:
C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\2GK\Medved Trader

and copy the files to corresponding folder on the current drive, which you can get to  by going to %AppData%\2GK\Medved Trader