Medved Trader Forums

Incorporate cancel order command in sell / buy hotkey

Arg

Question

Eg, if I send a bracket order and then later use a sell hotkey the bracket orders will still be on the system.  It would be useful if a cancel open orders command option could be incorporated into the hotkey script to be automatically applied before the sell order.

4 answers to this question

I don't see that in my sell hotkey. I have a Var and Conditionals section. Then an Action section with Order and Drop and Send. But if I click on the Send box there is only "true" and "false".

However, I could put in another Action section, placing it above the existing Action (order) section (presumably the Actions get executed in sequential order from top to bottom?) and then select Cancel / Open "All".

Is this a correct use of the Action section?

no, you do not want to do another separate action because those actions are send and forget. MT does not wait for first action to complete (including waiting for it to actually cancel) before sending the 2nd Action. The CancelThenSend on the other hand does do that. 

I think you are using an old version. Get the current beta:

https://medvedtrader.com/beta