Medved Trader Forums

Window trading number of shares is not maintained during trading

Arg

I am using the trading window on Level 2. I set the number of shares by clicking on one of the grey boxes, use the buy hotkey, then the sell hotkey. This all works ok. The problem is that now the original number of shares that I set is no longer selected. No share quantity is set. Please can you prevent any resetting of the share quantity (and any other parameter that might be changing) just by pressing buy/sell hotkeys. This behavior doesn't make sense.

there are a few different settings that may be impacting things. I want to understand exactly what you are experiencing. 

Lets say value in QTY was 100. You clicked on 500 Quantity Tab then hit the shortcut to BUY. What exactly are you seeing after the order is sent?  Is the trade ticket cleared? are you seeing something other then 500?

Here is what happens:

1) click on one of the grey tabs to select number of shares (incidentally, why does this strip not always appear, I find it useful and would like it to automatically appear in the window). Eg I select 100 shares.

2) press the buy button, buy goes through ok. Then press the sell button, sell goes through ok, but it clears the number of shares set in the trading window (they are set to 0 not 100). So, I can't simply press the buy button again - I have to select number of shares first. This is inconvenient.

I believe the reset can also happen after pressing the buy button (as opposed to pressing buy and then sell).

Also, can you prevent the grey share size selector boxes from resetting after a hotkey is pressed. I don't want them to change (unless I click on them).

the Quantity tabs are synced with the QUANTITY field.  You have MT set to clear the trade ticket after the order is placed. Go to SETTINGS / TRADING / GENERAL.  Uncheck the box for "TRADE TICKET - Clear after successful Order Submission

As for the QTY Tabs not always showing - do you have to go back into the toolbar to turn them on? if so, after doing that, right click on the window caption and select "Set as default for all"