Medved Trader Forums

Exporting Portfolios

Doug Hayman

I like to keep my main PC and laptop in synch with my MT environment.

Today, I noticed that after Exporting ALL (including data) on my main PC, and then importing into my MT laptop environment, the following doesn't seem to be carried over in the export (or maybe the import is the offending piece of code):

1) Any changes to Portfolio lists were not reflected in the import;

2) I noticed that the source selections associated with my windows were not carried over in the import;

Everything else was fine.  Any clues on this please?

Jerry, I exported all, and did import as "Merged".  So, I tried to re-import than same Export, this time with "Overwrite", and same results; missing 2 things stated above.

Next, I created another Export of all (including log files), and imported this export as "Overwrite", and same problem. 

It's the weekend, so don't stress over this now, but if you think of anything else, let me know next week.  Thanks.

OK, I figured out what was going on, and all works fine now.   This is what happened:

On my main PC, I have accounts set up with IB and TDA.  On my destination MT, I did not have my TDA account setup.   So when I imported into my MT without TDA set up, problems # 1 and # 2 above occurred.  After adding my TDA account to my destination PC, and then importing, all worked fine with "Overwrite" import.

I'm guessing that account information is not exported out by design.

All good, sorry for the bother.   Please ignore the 2 log files (one from each machine) that I sent over to you.

Have a good weekend.

Edited by Doug Hayman