Medved Trader Forums

Alerts work only ones

Dan

Hi,

If you setup an alert with the sound notification - for example an alert when volume exceeds 10000 - it works only ones. Yes, it produces written warning and plays the sounds, but only ones for each open stock per day. To start alerts and notifications again it is necessary to go to Menu/Templates/ and click on "Set as default for all" and do that every time notification for given stock was triggered

Paintbars for example work no problems and do the job every time the condition is met. But the sound alerts clearly have a bug. Or this is a "feature" ? This was the case also for Quote Tracker if i not forgot something

Once an alert is triggered, it will not trigger again until cleared and armed again. Note that on the alert notification tab, there is an option to automatically clear the alert after X Seconds and also one to restart the alert either immediately (when cleared) or wait X Minutes.

Thanks, will try. 

Another questions:

1) What is analog of DOW-mini which i can use to substitute  /YM like in Ameritrade? The DOW-mini can be used in extended hours as opposed to $DJI

2) Can Quote Tracker still be used? 

3) Were API functions extended in Medved Trader compared to the ones in Quote Tracker? For example is it possible to transfer via port the RSI of specific stock? Or send alerts? Or may be even in principle in some form to autotrade? :))))

Jerry,

I understood what was very confusing in setting alert

It was the condition "When triggered clear after NN seconds" and following it

"When cleared restart after .(immediately)"

What means "clear" and why it is used here is confusing. Bubble help nearby with couple simple examples would be helpful.

Something like this: "When alert is triggered the window will appear in the corner of your screen and possibly sound played if you set it up too. You can allow this window to stay until you manually cancel it or it will be cancelled automatically for which you can setup the "number of seconds to clear". The new such alert will come only when previous one will be cleared. You also can setup it so that it will restart automatically when you set number of minutes from zero (immediately) to whatever you want"

I was big fan of QT and its API. Glad you resurrected it in the form of MT.