Medved Trader Forums

Can Option Contract Selected in Option Chain be Automatically Moved to Option Risk Analysis Window?

Doug Hayman

Hey guys,

Starting to play with Options in MT a bit.   I like what I see so far.  A couple of Questions please:

Question 1: If I select (highlight) a particular option contract in the Option Chain screen, I don't see a mechanism to automatically send that option contract to the Option Risk Analysis screen, short of entering it anew via the Add Option button.   There is no Symbol Link Group functionality in the Option Risk Analysis screen, or any sort of Right-mouse function on the Option Chain screen to accommodate a quick transfer.   Am I missing something or is there a rationale for having to enter anew via the Add Option button?

Question 2: Unrelated to Q1, any thoughts on displaying a preview screen (a la ToS) before executing an options trade, that shows the trade's Max Profit, Max Loss, Break-Even Price, Buying Power Effect, etc., prior to hitting the Buy/Sell button?

Thanks in advance.

Additional question please:

Why does the Option RIsk Analysis window not have a Symbol Link Group option?  I would like to to see the Root Symbol associated with my Option Chain window be reflected in the Option Risk Analysis window automatically.   As it stands, I have to re-type the symbol in the Option Risk Analysis window.