Medved Trader Forums

Candle Refresh rate

kimboox44

Question

Hi, the platform is solid i was wondering why the candle chart (last candle) is moving slow, while that candle behaviour is very critical for momentum traders, it updates at best 2 to 3 times per second where 100s of quotes went in between. is that a technical limitation, i think traders choose eSignal for that low latency candle refresh rate.

i can see you're using FlexChart api with maybe the Animation property.  or teechart for charting. is there any chance of increasing the refresh rate.

11 answers to this question

we do not use FlexChart. We have very customized teeChart stuff. Anyway, the refresh is done by us, not the component. Update speed will vary depending on the load - # of charts, etc. if there was no update and a new update comes in, the chart will be updated right away. If you have high volume stuff where there is a continuous stream of quotes, lets say 100s of times a sec, the chart will be updated 4 to 5 times per sec.  Quotes on the portfolio get updated more frequently.

i like the platform as momentum trader, if only there was a way to increase that refresh rate to a maximum by settings (for ones who can handle the resources needed). can we have like a real time updates in settings as an option (disabled by default). i think a lot of traders use price action behaviour in trading. specially momentum traders. (people pay $170 for esignal just for that, nothing else)

Thank you.

Edited by kimboox44

Thank you, it's working great, i've some remarks if you want to take a look, (they don't bother me).

- When you open intraday chart, i can see that you split the loading into current bar and back fill, and sometimes the last candle has wrong open because quotes are not available in histrocal and that quote is gone by the time the chart is open. check image bellow, (a solution maybe refill last candle after 60sec or whatever timeframe to replace that messed up candle when new one open)

- Is it possible to have LULD calculated in L2

Again they don't bother me, just letting you know

A22.png

Edited by kimboox44

what you are seeing is if you enter a symbol in the chart that is not already getting quotes in portfolio. MT starts the quotes and request backfill. that candle is where the data is merged. Do you see this only with OHLC backfill or if you set the default to be TICK backfill?

LULD on L II - will have to see. we have it implemented as an indicator on the charts currently