Medved Trader Forums

Older line tick data not charted

william

Not a new issue, but occasionally is a problem:  On data older than 5 days, my line tick chart only displays the last tick in each "bar" period rather than its usual tick-by-tick line.  That is, the chart looks just like backfilled data except that (1) the tick data are all visible in the raw data display and (2) my "bar" frequency is only .05 min., far faster than 1-min OHLC backfill.

I even have one chart of 6-day-old data that has the erroneous display in the AM and a correct display in the PM.

[Edit]  Oops, now the PM data also charts wrongly, so there definitely is a 5-day cutoff.

I have "Intraday Backfill — Number of Days" set to 10 and "Compress Tick data to OHLC beyond ..." set to 999 days.

— William

Edited by william

OK, note that regardless of that setting, you do actually have to have tick data. With a few exceptions, you can only get it from running MT and having it get the Level I quotes and store them. If the data is backfilled, it will be OHLC. Were you running MT for more than 5 days getting the data? Is it still exactly 5 day cut off or is it now 6 or 7?

1971381241_M2Klinetick04-12.png.dedf557d0c1fceaf7715dbce6acc66f1.png

707513587_M2Kline04-12missingticks.png.24b28ad2dbe2cb3e12bc766a31885cdb.png

Yes, talking only about tick data that MT collected from IB (which I understand may be aggregated, but we're talking about the chart changing without the data changing).

Here's a photo of the line tick chart that's 5 days old, with its raw data, and another photo of the same chart 6 days old with its SAME raw data.  Same specs for both — period 61 bars & freq .05 min.  The latter photo shows only one tick charted per bar in spite of multiple ticks per bar in the raw data (e.g., at 11:42:22–23).

The cutoff seems to stay at 5 days, but often an older chart stays OK until I change something, e.g. frequency, and then the display goes bad like the second photo.