Medved Trader Forums

Auto backfill portfolios on start-up and "Show Filled Orders" on all linked charts

3acor

Question

Hey,

1) I have auto backfill turned off in SETTINGS so I manually do intraday and historical backfill on three different portfolios everyday which is a bit annoying (:P).
It is possible to have auto backfill portfolios on start up?

2)"Show filled orders" in CHARTS > TRADING. I have multiple linked charts together (6+). Is it possible to have an option to check/uncheck "Show filled orders" on all the charts linked together rather than having to do it one by one?

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply.

1) Wouldn't you need everyone to have MT start at the same time to have that happen?
What if the backfill is set to run after "x seconds" that MT started or there is an option to chose whether the user wants automatic backfill or not, it would still be a problem?
Doesn't manual backfill place a load on the servers too if everyone does it at the same time?

2) I would do it often if that option is available 

1) "everyone" does start at the same time. 9-9:30 AM. We've brought down servers when we set stuff to occur at fixed time before. 9:05 for example. Talking from experience :) 

2) far fewer people would manually go and backfill all portfolios than if it was auto. and for many it isn't even needed.

1)Yes I know you are talking from experience. I just asked in terms of questions wondering how it is done.
Sorry what do you mean by 9-9:30? If someone starts MT at 8:30 wouldn't he backfill at 8:30?

2) I have auto-backfill turned off in the portfolio as it slows the scanner performance. Is there any other way to do it?

Again I am just wondering 

Thanks a lot 

I mean that most people start MT during that 30 minute period.  

other way to do it - assuming we are talking about intraday backfill, if you are running MT entire day, every day and have the portfolios open and getting quotes, you do not need to backfill at all. Otherwise, you can click on the Backfill button on the portfolio window to backfill all symbols in the portfolio.

• Like 1