Medved Trader Forums

Problem with News

I'm having issues with the News window today.  This may be due to my loading MT onto a new PC a couple of weeks ago, and using the export/import feature to save my settings.  Also, I was using MT for a lot of research yesterday (viewing a lot of historical charts) and the News window now shows a lot of symbols on the left-hand side (over 600).  Yesterday when I selected a symbol in the news panel, or by clicking on a light bulb it was showing news for the wrong symbol....for example it was showing news for symbol RJET, though the symbol selected was for DXM.....I don't see this issue today.  (I have news turned on for both Yahoo and IQFeed.)  Today, it shows that there is no news for symbol DXM, though I see news from YAHOO from as recently as 5/7 and 5/10.  When I click the "Restart News Sources" button, I see a re-connection for IQFeed on the dashboard, but not for Yahoo....perhaps that's not applicable since there is no difference when restarting MT either.

Also, when I right-click a news story and select "Open in a Separate Browser", I get the following error:

0e44a011-f4f8-4a97-bf87-66ca83781896_zps

Please let me know if there is any other information you need from me or if there is someway to clear out all of the news and try to reset it.

Thanks,

Tim

One more note.  I just added a new symbol that wasn't currently showing in the News panel.  Everything works fine for that symbol....display of news and opening external browser works fine.  So, the problem seems to be caused from earlier data.....I just don't know how to clear it out.  

Thanks,

Tim

Wrong Symbol - that was happening (at least for me) when you had the news window Pinned. Do you have it pinned? If so, try unpinning. In next version, if the existing per symbol news window is pinned and you click on a bulb, it will open a separate window.

As for the error - Are you clicking on a Yahoo news item? If so, the URL seems to be messed up.  I need to get the log file to see what the problem is. Please do the following:

go to FILE / Export Settings. 

Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE and NEWS FILE.

Export, then email me the exported file please.