Medved Trader Forums

Backfilling with Tick Data question

timtrader

Since I primarily trade off of a 3-second chart, I'm finding myself constantly clearing the data, and then selecting "backfill with tick data" from the backfill dropdown icon in the chart window whenever I add a new symbol to a portfolio window. (This is because the current Intraday Backfill is only showing the previous data as 15-second bars on my 3-second chart, so I'm doing this throughout the day as new stocks show up on my scanner since I need to quickly see how the stock has been trading.)  I don't see any option to always backfill with tick data, so this is what I've been doing (I currently use IQFeed for data).  Is there some setting I'm missing to always backfill with tick data? (I know this takes longer, but my drive speed has been about 20 times faster since I added an SSD on an M.2 card earlier this year, so its no big deal for me.)  I really only need about 5-10 minutes of the most recent tick data to see how a stock has been trading, but that may not be reasonable.

If there's currently no option for what I need, I could live with 2 Keyboard Shortcuts that don't currently exist in the Chart section....one shortcut to clear all data for the current symbol (or at least the current days data), and another shortcut to do an Intraday Backfill with Tick Data.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Tim

I can see that I now have that setting correct, but the previous data is still coming in with 15-second bars.  Here is what I get initially for example with symbol IMGN:

image.png

And here is what I get when I clear the data and then select backfill (the default now shows to backfill with tick data):

image.png.e26fc0716abdcb47106776a853eefaa6.png

Edited by timtrader

I "REALLY" hate to bother you, but this latest version (1.1.9465.202) appears to have either introduced a bug, or I have something hosed in my settings.  The text of the hover tool (for charts) is now white (it used to be black).  No matter what I've tried in this latest version, I'm unable to get it back to any other color....it changes in other places, but no change affects the text color inside the hover tool.  I verified its related to this version because I went back to the previous beta version and the text color went back to black in the hover tool....I then returned to this latest version, and the text in the hover tool changed back to white (all other areas are still black as before).  Other things I tried was to restore from a backup about a week ago (no difference), and re-install back to the latest production version (no difference).  I have to wonder if my settings are just hosed because I am also unable to change the color set (which I tried in order to fix the problem).  If I choose a different color set, the "Apply" button stays greyed out....if I choose the "OK" button (for a different Color Set), it doesn't apply the changes to the different color set....when I go back to the Color Set settings, it still shows the Color Set I already had (it is a user defined color set).  If I make a copy of an existing Color Set, I can click the apply button, but it still won't take the changes....the new color set is created, but when I go back to the Color Set settings, it still has my user defined color set (named "MY COLORS").  

I've gone ahead and sent my settings in case you need them.   Very sorry for the hassle!