Medved Trader Forums

Transaction updates are delayed

Ilya

I noticed that MT sometimes has delays in receiving new transactions. The delay can be up to an hour. And sometimes it may not come at all, but in this case, the MT does not send anything at all (no other data, be it a request for candles or something else), as if it was frozen. You restart MT and everything works again.

On 12/24/2021 at 8:25 PM, Jerry Medved said:

Huh? The API sends out the updates immediately upon receiving them. If you have a problem with not getting a transaction, send us the log and indicate which transaction you have a problem with

Can you tell me where MT's logs are stored?

Now I am faced with such a problem. When signing for an update of transactions, all transactions that were previously received. Then, when I made a purchase in IB, the API did not send a message about updating transactions. In the MT itself, in the "view account" window of the transaction, the transaction appeared, but was not sent. But if you press the refresh button (in the "view account" window), then the API sends a message about new transactions. Then I placed a limit order and there was also no update of transactions via the API. But in the MT itself (the "account view" window) there is also no information about the limty order, pressing the refresh button now did not help. I completely rebooted the MT program and after that everything worked in normal mode, all limit orders and transactions began to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

this is not MT API specific issue. As you noticed, the transaction did not show up in MT itself either.  Here is why:

every API connection to TWS has a unique Client ID.  If connected on Client ID zero, you get automatic updates on trades you place via API and via TWS.  for all others, you only get automatic updates on transactions placed via the same client ID. 

in your case, the client ID zero was already used and MT reconnected with a different ID, so trades placed in TWS did not show up in MT unless manually refreshed.  This can happen if you have other apps connected to TWS via the API or sometimes TWS just messes up. 

Go to SETTINGS / TRADING / ACCOUNTS. Click on the IB connection and UN-Check the box for "Reconnect with alternate Client ID if in use".  This way, if MT cannot connect with 0, it will not try alternate and just error out, and show a popup indicator about it. That way you will know there is an issue and can either disconnect the other apps, or restart TWS.