Medved Trader Forums

Trans Quantity not updating properly

BlueCollarDayTrading

So the problem is the Quantity does not update properly when changing symbols.

So in the Application Settings> Trading> Accounts> Quantity> Trans. Value $ (You are able to set a dollar value for trades and this will calculate the share size for you. Great love this feature.)

However, so if the Setting has $25,000 - QTY Min 1, Max 25,000, Round QTY Down to Nearest 1 for this setting, and if I have symbol X on a chart and it is a $25 dollar stock and the quantity is set 1000 shares, and if I change it to symbol Y and that symbol is a $100 dollar stock it will still be 1000 shares. Is this a bug or is the software not able to update this value in real time.

button - you can do that. You can create a hotkey/saved order and make it show as a button and make it do the default. As for fixing - I have it on the todo to check again. I do remember that we had a delayed retry for the QTY if quote came in late, but can only do that for short time after symbol changed

I have an intraday chart with trading enabled, an historical chart, a Trade Ticket, a DOM, and Thinkorswim open running a scan. I also have the MT Dashboard, Account View, a single Watchlist with a few symbols usually about 15-20. When a new stock pops up in the the scanner I put it into the intraday chart which is linked to the historical, DOM, and trade ticket. If I enter a trade I put the symbol in a new intraday chart. The Quantity does not update if it is a new symbol. The quantity will update properly if I am getting the symbol data in a watchlist. However, I just checked it with a random symbol and it does not update to the proper quantity if I am not receiving data for that symbol.

As you mentioned it is set to update if the quote comes in late. I think this is more the issue is if there is a longer delay in backfilling the symbol it does not work. I will check to see if the issue correlates with symbols that do not backfill as quick.

Edited by BlueCollarDayTrading