Medved Trader Forums

Trade ticket: cover / short buttons have disappeared.

Arg

SHORT/COVER - 1) they are not used for all brokers and 2) if you have SHORT and COVER turned off in preferences, then they are not shown.  Which broker is this for?

as for "Also, is there a way to edit the parameters for the buttons to fix the order type and offset?" I am not following. What exactly are you talking about

Yes, it is broker dependent. The buttons were removed when switching from TDA to IB.

Regarding the parameters: the order type and limit price can be set but won't this only be suitable for either a sell or buy - not for both? Eg If I put in Limit with offset fixed to Ask+5c then this is suitable for a buy not for a sell. I am assuming the buy/sell buttons will both use the same order parameters...

for IB it is automatic so if sell with no position will be a short.

offsets - on TRADING / ACCOUNTS / click on the PRICE subtab on the right side. Set it to Always Price Peg and set the offset to 0.01.  Now if you double click on Bid, the limit price will be bid - 0.01. If you double click on ask in the portfolio , it will be set to ask+0.01, and the price will be Pegged so as bid/ask change so will the price in the trade ticket. 

On 2/10/2022 at 4:12 PM, Jerry Medved said:

for IB it is automatic so if sell with no position will be a short.

offsets - on TRADING / ACCOUNTS / click on the PRICE subtab on the right side. Set it to Always Price Peg and set the offset to 0.01.  Now if you double click on Bid, the limit price will be bid - 0.01. If you double click on ask in the portfolio , it will be set to ask+0.01, and the price will be Pegged so as bid/ask change so will the price in the trade ticket. 

Specifically for the Buy / Sell buttons on the trade ticket window it seems I can only peg to one particular offset (without involving the portfolio bid/ask). For instance I can set the offset to Ask+2c which is ok for the Buy button but not so useful for the sell button. Or I can set an offset that works ok for the Sell button but then the Buy button is out of commission. I've now got several saved order buttons on the trade ticket and they can do everything I want but they are fairly small and it would be nice to be able to use the larger Buy/Sell buttons. Maybe each button could have an option to link it to a saved hotkey order?