Medved Trader Forums

Intra-day data cap

JamesKB2

Question

It would be beneficial, even highly desirable, to have a higher daily cap rate for intra-day data, better than 120 days.  365 would be ideal.  I realize that's a big data file, but larger moves require larger data sets.

2022-05-20.thumb.png.5b5569c8906d38430f5ae07b5f45a95f.png

Edited by JamesKB2

5 answers to this question

Excellent.  As I transition to a more powerful desktop (I'm on a laptop currently) it'll be fine.  Honestly, for the most part, even with my rather low spec ancient system, MT works pretty well.  Only occasionally do I suffer some lag or stuttering.  My trading style requires a more detailed view of the underlying patterns vs the larger daily (they are repetitious in a "growing" magnitude way.  I'm honestly having a little anxiety as the 120 day limit continues to erode my data set, getting closer to removing the "top" to current trend lines and patterns.

This also brings me to a question.  I plan on a multi-monitor rig (three screens) and am leaning to a Quadro for video.  Compatible engine?

Thanks for implementing my request for a higher daily cap.  Although it's working for individual stocks, it's not back filling the ES.

Which I don't believe is your fault, it appears that TD Ameritrade doesn't provide that tick data so far back.

As an example of WHY I want / need this...is days like today.

Fractal pattern repetition, although excruciatingly labor intensive to recognize, makes it almost like cheating when you can.

I score over 150 in pattern recognition so...it's my edge.

2022-06-15.thumb.png.53bac1303ebf0c6d3f5caf45ca2bdcee.png