Medved Trader Forums

Getting new alert that real time quotes from Ally Invest are not enabled

ex_hacker202

Just started happening - and raw trade data is looking odd too - I *think* this comes only from TDA? Warning about Ally - why (or did?) they cut off MT's access to real time quotes, and is it just me, or a problem with MT?

500440132_Allydatablocked.jpg.a36ec7a733af0be9cf4777cd09d64c98.jpg

Missing raw sales data for UAN stock, and odd symbol in volume column:

1460279514_UANrawdata.jpg.3473e44f8d443951c5d2da836a3b9caf.jpg

Logged into Ally and went to real time quotes page - this is what I found - what the heck is the "Use Real-Time Quotes : Approval processed next business day." line mean and why was it checked by default?

2060346751_Allyapprovalprocessed.jpg.8df2a34f46ade1a7d9759d5cfe78456d.jpg

realtime data - that is account specific for your ally account.  I asked Ally to check your account.

BF indicator on rows in raw data - that just means that the data came from Backfill. MT stores it as 4 rows per minute, so we indicate that the rows are from backfill to avoid confusion

NOTE: You are logging into Ally which is why the prompt occurs. 

I spoke to an Ally rep, she said my account is enabled for real time quotes, but that's only when I'm using their website - I checked and it matched MT's TDA L2 data exactly for the stock I was looking at - but for some reason MT is not able to fetch real time data from Ally now, and this literally just occurred over the last 48 hours. But I just tried something and it worked - I went to Settings/accounts in MT, picked the Ally account, clicked on the "Verify and get accounts" button, a login screen for Ally appeared in MT,  I entered my username and PW, got the screen below, clicked on Authorize, and boom, problem fixed. Seems like Ally incorporated some kind of new two step verification system or something - on Monday I'll see if I have to repeat the process every time I start MT or if this was a one time thing.

Authorization page from Ally:

458667956_AllyaccesstoMT.thumb.jpg.bb41f438b2c6c879667b2895c198cdef.jpg

Edited by ex_hacker202