Medved Trader Forums

BarVolume at the time the candle is processed

I am not sure what the problem is. BarVolume is the volume of the current candle, even if it is not complete.

If you show the results in paintbar, it should show in scan as well. The caveat here is that the initial conditions have to be the same between the two. That is, they both should be intraday or historical, both have the same extended hour setting, both have the same frequency.

I don't have alerts. I only have a paintbar that includes High/Low/Open/close and BarVolume. 
Oh, you mean the scan results? 

If so, is there no work around it? If I have 3000 symbols, can't I have the scanner in a way show me only the tickers with paintbar on?

Edited by 3acor

Yes, scan results only show if the condition is true on the current - last - candle of the chart. Unlike the paintbar that can show if the condition was true on any candle in the chart.

That's the whole point of the scanner - you can scan 3000 symbols and show only the tickers for which the condition is NOW true.  You can, of course, write the scanner with a condition "if this condition was true in any of the last N candles", too.

1. This is EXTREMELY inefficient. It has to loop through the last 1000 candles EVERY time there is a trade in the stock. I am surprised your MT didn't slow down to a crawl.

2. This says: if any of the last 1000 candles had a volume that was greater than 300M and went up more than 50%  from low to high in ONE candle...  Was there a candle in SPI that fit that criteria?

1. Oh I thought the Any function starts counting starting as of the current day, not as of the current candle being processed. So I  chose 1000 as of the current today (to go back 5 years). Now I changed it to 0 and got the same results. 

2. Yes, SPI had that on September 23, 2020.
I have attached a screenshot showing the paintbar working but nothing on the scanner ( I disabled the Filter in Portfolio)

njlN9JOzCJ.png

Edited by 3acor

• 11 months later...