Medved Trader Forums

Trend lines disappear

zenlando

Hello - I just noticed that all the trendlines that I had drawn on both intraday and historical charts disappear when I close and re-open MT. I don't know how long this has been going on, or if it's just started with this version. It seems like they were holding on the charts when I was drawing them in the past, but not sure. And they're stil there OK when I bring them back after minimizing all windows.

It's not a big deal now, as I won't be using them regularly until I switch over from QT after trading, trendline alerts and paintbars are completed in MT.

Thanks. MT v. 2327

there was an issue that the version you have fixed, but after release we realized that we needed to delete the drawing data file to fully fix it, so next build will force delete all the drawings.  Otherwise, it should be fixed. 

you can delete the file in the "Roaming" directory (you can get to it from the HELP / About menu) that is named "<yourEmail_ChartDrawings.BIN>"

Then start MT and see if you can recreate the issue. If you can, email me exactly how.

Hi Jerry - I just tried what you suggested and deleted the .BIN file. Then drew the trendlines on intraday and historical charts, closed MT and restarted it and no luck... the trendlines disappeared again. Did this a couple of times just to make sure. I noticed the .BIN file came back on the restart, but I assume that's what it's supposed to do.

If it's going to be fixed in the next release, that's fine. I don't have to have them working now.

Thanks.