Medved Trader Forums

Can't connect to TDA

Arg

I haven't been able to connect MT to TDA since yesterday. I get an invalid username or password error message. I could connect ok 2 days ago and I haven't changed any MT settings since then. The same username and password can be used to log onto TDA's android app - so it seems they are still valid. Is there anything in MT that might be causing this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the same problem with TDA. I tried Reinstalling WebView, but Windows wouldn't let me....said it was already installed. They also wouldn't let me uninstall it. Then tried 

installing one of the backup files (as discussed above ), but that didn't work either. My issues and responses from TDA are exactly the same as ARG's above. The problem was not present two days ago, but I'm now in a different location several hudred milers from home. I'm using a hot spot from my phone to connect to the internet. I have no problem connecting with TDA and seeing a response to trading activity on the site, The problem seems to be in the communication between TDA and MT. Any further ideas??

I've had a repeat of this problem just now.  My Edge browser is working ok as far as I can tell.

I was using my phone as a hot spot. Switching over to my house wifi and restarting MT still gave the same error. Reinstalling  a back-up has removed the error.

Is it possible that using a phone hot spot is causing this issue?

I just sent it by punching the send on the download to support......want me to do it again?

( resent after it had completed. This was about an hour ago....BTW....I'm 13 hours out from you in (SE Asia). Problem is not with the phone hotspot. I was using an in-place modem where I'm staying and had the problem when using that. I changed over to the phone because of frustraion.

33 minutes ago, WCB said:

I just sent it by punching the send on the download to support......want me to do it again?

( resent after it had completed. This was about an hour ago....BTW....I'm 13 hours out from you in (SE Asia). Problem is not with the phone hotspot. I was using an in-place modem where I'm staying and had the problem when using that. I changed over to the phone because of frustraion.

your issue is something different.  You have something blocking MT access via the imbedded edge browser. You need to exclude MT from security software that you may be using. Here is what MT is seeing as the page that is returned when it tries logging in:

image.png

Jerry,

I searched through all of the security items in Windows and wasn't able to find anything that blocked MT from sending to TDA. After doing a restart on the laptop, I reopened MT using my hotspot and the charts updated.......so I am once again connected with TDA. I suspect my problem may have been a rather old router in the upstairs level of the house and that te signal I was getting was a weak signal from the downstairs router.  Thanks again for your help.

Typically I use Chrome. I have opened my Edge browser and it looks normal. The news page comes up as normal and I am able to read the underlying news pane. I'm running a Huawei Matebook  13 with just the standard MS security software loaded. I'm not using any special security software.

I've opened my TDA stock page in the Edge browser and opened MT. The system looks to be ok. No "redlights" on the login and no "inability to connect with TDA " messages arising. This is using the hotspot and not the in-house wi-fi.