Medved Trader Forums

UPDATE: TD Ameritrade => Schwab account migration

Jerry Medved

This is an for TD Ameritrade clients who have accounts being migrated to Schwab this weekend (Nov 3, 2023).  If your TD Ameritrade account is not being moved this weekend, the following does not apply to you.

We were supposed to get the new Schwab API a while back in order to implement it in MT.  That didn't happen. The API got delayed.

The account that is being moved to Schwab on Nov 3 will not be able to use Medved Trader after that date until we get Schwab integrated sometime in the coming months.  We do expect to have the Schwab API and complete the integration before the last batch of accounts are moved in March. 

There is one workaround right now - Create a new TD Ameritrade account (same type as the current account).  On Monday Nov 6 (or after) you can transfer the assets from the Schwab account to the new TD Ameritrade account.

The new account will not be moved on November 3rd and thus you can continue using it in Medved Trader.  TD Ameritrade does make it easy.  NOTE: you will be able to use the new TD Ameritrade for data right away, but cannot transfer contents until Nov 6.

NOTE: USE THIS LINK to open TD AMERITRADE account specifically, instead of Schwab:
https://start.tdameritrade.com/select?entity=103

I did get feedback from a client that did that:
"Took your suggestion and opened another AMTD account. It was a much simpler process than opening a new (non-AMTD) account. Was ready to roll in less than 20 minutes!"

NOTE: Doing this will be easier before end of market day Friday, Nov 3 while the account is still in TD Ameritrade

Another option is of course to get one of the 3rd party subscription datafeeds,  but that is for data only and does involve fees.  

As for our plans,  we will implement Schwab connectivity as soon as we get the API from Schwab, will make it available and notify everyone.  I cannot tell you when that will be since it does not depend on us, but certainly expect it before the next and final transition date in March 2024.

• Like 1

I tried to call you earlier today (via phone before getting this email) to find out what to do to insure your MT software continues to work uninterrupted.  An operator answered and mumbled something to me that I didn't quite know how to respond to and while I thought about that for a few seconds she hung up on me.  While trying to call back nobody would answer.  You have a very unfriendly and rude phone service.

So I called TDA to get advice.  They said I shouldn't have any problem getting my data feed from Schwab as everything is scheduled pass from point A to point B during a weekend so  there shouldn't be any problem in getting my data feed for my MT software.

Jerry Somer

4 hours ago, Jerry Somer said:

I tried to call you earlier today (via phone before getting this email) to find out what to do to insure your MT software continues to work uninterrupted.  An operator answered and mumbled something to me that I didn't quite know how to respond to and while I thought about that for a few seconds she hung up on me.  While trying to call back nobody would answer.  You have a very unfriendly and rude phone service.

So I called TDA to get advice.  They said I shouldn't have any problem getting my data feed from Schwab as everything is scheduled pass from point A to point B during a weekend so  there shouldn't be any problem in getting my data feed for my MT software.

Jerry Somer

Whoever you talked to at Schwab either did not know what they were talking about, or what you were talking about.  If your account is moving this weekend, you would be able to get quotes on THEIR site or in THEIR software, but not in 3rd party software such as MT. thus refer to what I said in the opening post. There is nothing we can do about that - We thought we were going to get stuff back in the summer in order to integrate before their first batch of accounts to be migrated.

Oh and we do not have an operator - that is my phone number and you got voicemail or possible a google voice prompt. Please do not call that as my hearing is bad, so doing voice calls are pointless. Email or posting here works best.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, LeslieMedVed said:

If we can no longer get accurate quotes, will medved refund our subscription.

Accuracy of quotes is not tied to it.  You need to have a working datafeed for MT to get the data.  If you have another account with another brokerage, or even a TD Ameritrade account that is not moving this weekend, or a new TD Ameritrade account, you can use that.

You can get a free Webull account - https://medvedtrader.com/webullsignup will redirect you to the signup page. Don't need to get the broker account - just login would suffice.

or a paid subscription for dxFeed or QuoteMedia or Barcharts data for better data. All are accurate.

If you wish to cancel, that is up to you and you can do so on our website.

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

I haven't received any notices. How can I determined if my account is being moved tomorrow or in March 2024?

if you did not get a notice, chances are your account will not be moved this weekend

you can login to the website. If it is being moved, you will NOT be able to miss it.  Big notice, a page telling you to setup new username, etc. If you don't have that, you are being moved in March and don't need to worry about it

On 11/2/2023 at 1:13 AM, Jerry Somer said:

Jerry Somer

JERRY SOMER - You emailed us multiple times today, yet it seems you are either ignoring or not seeing our responses. Please check your email