Medved Trader Forums

Removed TD Ameritrade from Config, but still get prompted for TDA Login on MT Start

Doug Hayman

I had all my remaining accounts transitioned to Schwab this past weekend (I'm officially done with TDA), but when I start MT, I still get a TDA Login prompt.  I removed any TDA accounts from Settings -> Trading -> Accounts and blanked out my TDA username/password in Settings -> Configure Accounts.  When I start MT, I always get the following prompt, which is an annoyance:

image.png.6eebb69b68c888f01e508b23b985db11.png

If I put one of the username / passwords back on my TDA reference in Settings -> Configure Accounts, I get the following message when I start MT (regardless of whether I have "Save Password" checked or not):

image.png.8dc1df1808ef7f90fe6641758065aee7.png

I'm totally off TDA, how can I start MT without getting either of these messages.

Thanks.

You still have TDA selected somewhere. Do this:

1. Change the quote so to your new source on top of the PORTFOLIO window toolbar
  2. Change the quote so to your new source for the INDEX panel (if it is open) top of the PORTFOLIO window toolbar on the INDEXES tab
  3. Turn off TD Ameritrade NEWS on SETTINGS / DATA SOURCES / NEWS
  4. If you have any Level II windows, close those or change source
  5. Make sure TD Ameritrade is not selected as the default Intraday or Historical Backfill (on dashboard)

If you have any option chain windows open, change source for those.

• 2 weeks later...