Medved Trader Forums

Change in ticker symbol not recognized in MT

Pete

The closed end fund ticker NRGX became PDX as of the start of trading today.

I have both symbols in an MT watchlist and NRGX shows the current data for today and PDX displays nothing - IBKR is my data source for this MT window.  

If I enter the symbols into TWS (IBKR), NRGX isn't recognized as a valid symbol anymore and PDX displays the current data as expected

If IBKR is the data source and IBKR recognizes the new ticker (PDX) then what is happening that is keeping MT working with the old ticker (NRGX)?

NRGZX is definitely not working - if you are getting data updates in MT, it is not from IB. I did check PDX with IB and it did work, though with IB you can have some account specific odd stuff. if you still not getting it, send me the log so I can check

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment. 

Thanks Jerry, I assume an MT restart would fix it but I'm going to wait until market close before I try that.

If I still have an issue after that I will send the logs.

Not sure if your post has a typo or if you used the wrong symbol but its NRGX (PIMCO Energy and Tactical Credit Opportunities Fund) not NRGZX 

Looks like the last update was 3 hours ago so now neither is updating in MT:

image.png.7a56172562ab2b0cf7c29f938c32db0f.png

image.png.63a411aa7fdd30b2150e3d5dd19a2dee.png