Medved Trader Forums

Help creating hotkeys for OCA orders

JimGiles

I only trade NQ and micros off 1 minute charts so prices on my hotkeys can be locked in for me.  I created hotkeys to create just a market buy and market sell.  I then want to create a OCA hotkey after that candle has closed to stop me out at 2 pts below low of last candle and partial profit (1/2 position) above 10pts for buy markets, and opposite for my sell market orders.  What I have works for my stop but not my limit.  My limit order doesn't execute at all (See pictures)

I don't understand offsetting the limit order which is something I think I have to do.  Can someone please help.

Afterwards after either getting stopped out or getting 10pts on first position I want last half position at breakeven which I will move accordingly as price hopefully moves in my favor.  However, I get a price variation error with my broker when executing this hotkey.  I need it to round to the nearest tick (quarter pt) I think. 

I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks

medved 3.PNG

medved 4.PNG

medved 5.PNG

medved 6.PNG

with conditional orders, usually the secondary leg prices are specified as offsets from the first.  So whatever the price specified on the first leg, if you do +2 for the second leg, when it is actually sent, it will send as first leg price+2.

barhigh- should be BarHigh.

price variation error - what are the exact values?

Hey Jerry, when I put in a regular limit order instead of an OCA using the "pospaid +/- 10" it works fine except it gives me the same error message on the limit order is it does on the breakeven stop I have.  See pictures.  On the OCA order instead of giving me an error will it just exercises the portion of the order it can which is the stop +/- 2 at the bar high/low and ignore the other part?

I don't know if its because I'm testing on IB's paper trade account but my position is never an actual quarterly amount which is what I am guessing is throwing off the system.  Even though it shows I filled both contracts on my market order at 16,047.75 my position paid is showing 16,048.06.  And IB is looking for orders like 16,048.00 or 16048.25 not 16,048.06.  Am I thinking of that right?  Is it including commissions as my "pospaid" and that's what making it such an odd number?

Thank you Jerry.

medved 8.PNG

medved 7.PNG

21 hours ago, JimGiles said:

On the OCA order instead of giving me an error will it just exercises the portion of the order it can which is the stop +/- 2 at the bar high/low and ignore the other part?

I checked here, with PosPaid and BarHigh, not offsets. Worked fine.  If it executes stuff, send me the log so I can check

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment along with what order was sent/executed

as for the issue with the issue with the price variation, I need to see what we can do about that. Need to round to nearest tick