Medved Trader Forums

Share quantity for chart trading

Arg

I reloaded a layout and have managed to recreate the set-up I had before. But with a couple of exceptions:

1) I used to be able to enter the share quantity in the top line at the top of the chart. I can't find a way to do this now.

2) I want the share quantity for chart trading to be a fixed number. At moment it is calculated based on a dollar amount.

How do I change these?

7 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

1) QTY is entered on the TRADING tab on the chart's toolbar

2) on SETTINGS / TRADING / ACCOUNTS  select the account in question. on the right side on the Quantity tab, you can set the min/max to be the same value and then MT will just always use that as the default

Yes, I saw the QTY in the trading tab. But opening the trading tab is inconvenient and it also takes up a lot of screen space. There used to be a box for inputting QTY that was visible when the top ribbon was minimized. Have you changed this function in a recent update? If so is there any convenient way to enter share quantity number and have that visible on the chart?

The red circled area used to have a box for entry of share size - and this would be visible when the toolbar was minimized.

The toolbar is too big keep open all the time and having to open it every time to confirm and/or change the share size is going to be inconvenient.

Untitled.png