Medved Trader Forums

API QUESTRADE

Trader607

Hello,

Any feedback would be apreciated on those questions.

Do I need to Install the C# API or the C++ in order to use MT with Questrade API?

Is an REST API reliable enough to send order from MT to Questrade then to the Exchange?

I guess there must be more slippage, more delay involve since using MT through Questrade API?

I activated Rithmic trial Paperaccount for both Executions and data but MT will not connect to them. I added the Paper in front of the account user as mention in the document but the validation retunr login failed. I am login into Rithmic all market data entitlement are active and running still nothing. It maybe because we are Sunday Dec 31, 2023. I use to be able to get data any day with IB but...

Regards,

Edited by Trader607

Questrade - you do not need to install anything other than MT to use MT with Questrade.  MT sends the order to Questrade immediately when you submit it so there is no difference than using Questrade's own software.  It too needs to do that. Any software would. So there would be no more delay with MT than any other method for order entry.

As for Rithmic, I will address that in your other thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Do I need to subscribe to Questrade Data feed in order to be able to send order from MT to Questrade.

I intend to use IQFeed as a data provider for MT.

Lastly, I ask in another threath about making Option window mirror column. Is this a teddious add up.

Is it something iplan in the next update?

Regards

Edited by Trader607

if you have another datafeed, then no need to subscribe to Questrade's.  one thing you would want to do - on the SETTINGS / TRADING / ACCOUNTS screen, click on your Questrade login in the list. Then on the right side, set "Alternate Quote Source" to IQFeed or whichever quote source you end up using. Otherwise if not done, Account View and Trade Ticket windows use the trading broker as the quote source.

Hello jerry,

If I decide to have both data service: Questrade for real time SPY & Depths while using IQFeed for other mean indices, index etc, can both be use at the same time

so that spy is stream by Questrade and indices by iq base on the terminology of each service?

I guess not. That is why I must check Alternat Quote Source...

Regards

you can use multiple datafeeds at the same time. However, please note:

1) Questrade does not support Level II (Depth) data at all.

2) Just make sure you do not have 2 portfolio windows that have different quote sources contain the same symbol. Other than that, no problem.